Thank You Volunteers
by Captain Terry Masango | January 27, 2012
We had a wonderful breakfast at Hometown Buffet of Wednesday, honoring our amazing Christmas volunteers. 85 Volunteers attended the breakfast. We are grateful to Randy Young and Hometown Buffet for their support. It is important to thank people for their dedication. Thus, I wrote this small speech for our volunteers:
Some of you have been volunteering for many years, others just started. I say to you all, Thank you.
Thank you for the many hours you spend at Christmas counting money, registering families, sorting toys, walking the clients, cleaning, and all other jobs.
The key to our success rests in people like you, who embody the spirit of greatness. Thanks for your inspiring dedication and tremendous example to our community.
With gratitude in our hearts for your contributions to our cause, we firmly rest the credit for our good deeds with our dedicated volunteers. Thank you!
The high demand of our services has a significant strain on our resources, including human resources. That is why your dedication, and commitment to The Salvation Army has never been more cherished.
I ask you all to continue to invest your time and efforts in helping us serve those who so desperately need us, in these tumultuous times. Can we solve all of the world’s problems? NO! Can we solve all of East County’s problems? NO.
But with your help, I can tell you this, we can certainly make a difference in the lives of
- the little kids in need of Christmas toys,
- the elementary children going to school hungry,
- the homeless single mother desperate for a shelter,
- the young family seeking food,
- the senior seeking a warm meal,
- You and us, together we form a great partnership that brings real help to our people.
Once again, thank you so much for all of your hard work and to bear witness to your passion is an unexpected perk.
We never could have asked for more dedicated volunteers and words cannot express how grateful we are to have you all here.
It is a pleasure and a privilege to work with you. Thank you.
This Sunday, I will be preaching from Ephesians 4:17-24. The Sermon Title is Holiness 101: Getting Rid of the Old Life
Please mark these up coming events on your calendar:
- Songsters Luncheon. Sunday, January 29, at 12:30 p.m. at the El Cajon Corps. Please invite many people to this event!
- Dave Ramsey Financial Planning Course - The preview class is Sunday, 19 Feb at 2:00 p.m.
- Youth Rally. Saturday, February 25.
- Spring Fling. Saturday. March 17 at the El Cajon Corps
- Good Friday. April 6. Event starts at 6:00 p.m. at the El Cajon Corps
- Easter Sunday. April 8. East Service special events start at 9:00 am. at the El Cajon Corps.
- Mother's Day Breakfast. May 13 at the El Cajon Corps. Men's Fellowship preparing the meal.
- Music and Art Recital. Thursday, May 17, at the El Cajon Corps.
- Corps Retreat. May 25-27. at the Whispering Winds Camp, Julian. More details coming soon!
- The Gathering. Register at https://events.usawest.org/Home.aspx